Fota Island Training Facility
A meticulously prepared and presented training facility
Fota Island Resort is a 5 star luxury hotel in Ireland, nestled at the heart of a peaceful island, surrounded by gorgeous scenery of County Cork. Naturally beautiful, Fota Island Resort lies on an exclusive 780 acre private estate. Only 15 minutes from Cork City Centre and 20 minutes from Cork International Airport, this hotel near Cobh is a ranquil retreat and is an elegant and relaxed place where life seems to run at an altogether more leisurely pace providing you and your team with the ideal conditions for training and preparation.
The new Fota Island Training Facility, situated within the grounds of the resort, is dedicated to providing professional sporting teams with an exceptional resource for their specific training and strategic needs. Previous teams to utilise the Fota Island Training Facility include;
Comprising of two full-size football and rugby pitches with one GAA pitch, the facility is maintained to the highest possible international stadium standards. Our facility will meet the requirements of any professional team in order to ensure excellence in all aspects of their training and preparation.
- Area 155m x 130m situated within the private grounds of the resort
- Two full sized football pitches (110m x 70m)
- Two full sized rugby pitches (100m x 70m)
- One full sized hurling/football pitch (145m x 88m - equal to Croke Park)
- Top layer sand pitches seeded with a mix of rye grass/smooth stalk meadow grass
- Fully automated underground irrigation system
- Portable aluminium goalposts
- Two sets of 5-a-side soccer goals
- 12 speed ladders, 100 training cones and football poles- Fully equipped free weights and cardio gym situated in Fota Island Spa