Fota Island Resort is currently recruiting for an Duty Manager to work across the operational departments within Fota Island Resort. We are looking for passionate, motivated and innovative people who take pride in their work to join our professional team. The ideal candidate will be extremely customer focused, responsible, work formally and professionally with excellence, ability to lead a team, organise events and bookings in balance with the administration, budgeting, payroll, and stock control. The role requires previous operational experience working within a hotel environment in the Food and Beverage, Front Office and Accommodation departments.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a hotel Duty Manager
• Experience with Opera property management system
• Experience with Alkimii time management system
• Experience in Eworkflow purchasing system
• Previous hotel experience at management or supervisors level
• Relevant 3rd level Hospitality qualifications.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a restaurant/ dining position
• Experience in working in hotel Front Office
• Experience working in hotel housekeeping at supervisor level
• Experience with supervising major events within a hotel setting
• Responsible for the day to day operations of the hotel while on duty.
• Parachute into busy departments in the operations - F&B, C&B, Housekeeping and Front Office as needed.
• Guest relations,manage guest queries and resolve any potential issues for guests.
• Ensure hotel standards are maintained , in customer service , Health & Safety and control (SOPs)
• Forward planning for large events , BEO review etc.
• Over- seeing special and seasonal projects which will add benefit to the guest or to the company’s performance such as the Christmas event.
- A competitive salary
- Company funded educational programs
- Discount on dining options of up to 50% across our dining outlets within The Collection
- Use of on-site health club and swimming pool
- Reduction on accommodation for family and friends across The Collection
- Discount on Spa treatments and products
- Staff dining facilities
- Staff parking