Whether in our kitchens, dining rooms, event venues or offices, our singular purpose is to captivate guests with our unparalleled quality, service, and food and wine knowledge. We achieve this only through the excellence, innovation and passion of our team members.
Fota Island Resort are currently recruiting for an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to join our professional team.
The successful candidate will have a passion for Food and Beverage, be innovative, motivating and energetic for this hands on role. If you think you have what it takes we would like to hear from you.
Our commitment to you:
- Company Risk Scheme
- Company funded educational programs
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Discount on Dining options of up to 50%
- Reduction on accommodation rate for family and friends
- Discount for Spa treatments and products
- Use of Health Clubs
- Staff Dining Facilities
- Staff Parking
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience is required in a similar role in a 4 or 5 star background
- Excellent knowledge of Food and Beverage (including wine)
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Extensive experience in F&B staff training, knowledge and skills, grooming, customer service and service etiquette
- Experience with report writing, e-mailing, compiling rosters and training plans, basic payroll administration, table plans, menus, Labour Cost Management, ordering, maintaining beverage percentages.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Fluent English
- Immaculate Grooming
- 3rd level Hospitality Diploma or equivalent
- Basic Computer Skills
- Management Soft Skills, Leadership and Delegation
- Event and Wedding Management
- Assisting with the overseeing and running of the daily Food & Beverage operation, giving support and guidance to fellow Food & Beverage personnel as well as monitor job performance to ensure a successful experience by our guests
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all Food & Beverage Outlets while - maintaining standards of food, beverage and service specifications
-Review all written communication, i.e., daily/weekly BEOs to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to Food & Beverage room set-ups.
- Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during service.
- Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas, and service areas on all Food & Beverage levels. Coordinate with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure the highest level of product delivery.
- To organise weekly briefing with the Food and Beverage Supervisors to discuss and effectively cover all forthcoming events and coverage of past week and report to Hotel Operations Manager
- To generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive set and generate additional revenue
-To ensure service briefings are carried out as appropriate regarding core standards (dress code, hygiene, service procedure)Apply now